Summary of Responsibilities:
We seek dynamic and joyful fundraiser to lead our 50th anniversary fundraising campaign. The successful candidate loves asking for funds, has experience successfully soliciting gifts of $100,000 and more, has demonstrable experience working strategically and collegially with President & CEO, Campaign Steering Committee and Board of Trustees. The right candidate will have a keen understanding of the fundraising process, and can think strategically and sensitively about how to move donors to action.
– Collaboratively developing strategies to approach major individual donors and prospects
– Building relationships with and soliciting corporate/business and foundation prospects
– Tracking solicitor and donor progress to report to President & CEO and Board
– Identifying new donor prospects and overseeing prospect research
– Planning cultivation events
– Assisting with strategies and coordination of volunteers and staff donor solicitation meetings
– Soliciting gifts
– Promoting planned and legacy giving programs
– Overseeing delivery of donor recognition and other stewardship activities
– Supervising a Campaign Assistant and staffing the Campaign Steering Committee
– Traveling to meet with donors
Minimum 5 years experience, strong writing and public presentation skills, familiarity with donor/prospect analytics required. Working knowledge of the world of public gardens/museums and our importance, experience at a mid-sized cultural organization helpful. A history of taking initiative, deepening donor relationships and building new ones is critical. A multi-tasker with commitment to detail and amazing people skills will do well. Three year commitment; if successful there is a strong possibility to morph into a full time permanent gig. Send resume, cover letter and your best fundraising story to firstname.lastname@example.org.