Heritage Museums & Gardens regularly produces newsletters and other publications, and posts content to the web and social media that feature the gardens, exhibits, and visitors. Your presence here constitutes your consent to be photographed, filmed, and/or otherwise recorded for the purposes of Heritage communications and related outreach activities, in perpetuity. Note: No photographs or videos may be taken of children at The Hundred Acre School at Heritage.
Personal Photography and Videography
Photography and videography for personal, private, noncommercial use are allowed free of charge (exclusive of admissions fees) in all areas except in exhibits where it is posted that photography and videography are not permitted. Personal photographs/ videos may not be published, sold, reproduced, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner.
To protect the objects being photographed and for the safety of our visitors, the following guidelines must be followed when taking personal, private, noncommercial photographs or videos at Heritage Museums & Gardens:
• No tripods, lights, tracks, and other types of equipment are allowed.
• Photography and videography must be conducted without disruption to Heritage operations.
• Participants must stay on the pathways and mowed lawn areas, and refrain from walking in mulched or planted garden beds.
• Photography and videography must not limit the accessibility of exhibitions, entrances/exits, doorways, pathways, and high traffic areas.
• Participants and photographers are not permitted to pick flowers or plants; remove plants, plant labels, or containers; or rearrange or move plants or planted containers in any way.
• Landscape and/or flower/plant design cannot be changed, moved, or adjusted. No additions to the planting areas are allowed.
• Props or equipment may not be hung from trees or plants.
Commercial Photography and Videography Inquiries
All photography and videography inquiries will be directed to the Interactive Marketing and Media Manager at email@example.com, who will decide whether the photography/videography inquiry is commercial in nature. No commercial photography or videography may be taken without written permission from the Interactive Marketing and Media Manager. See also “Commercial Photography and Videography.”
Heritage Museums & Gardens considers photography or videography “commercial” in nature when the images of Heritage grounds, gardens, collections, events, activities, or exhibits are used as a visual backdrop for another organization or to promote a product, firm, or organization.
Commercial Photography and Videography also includes:
• Yearbook photo shoots
• Family photo shoots
• Wedding/Engagement photo shoots
For more information about and rates for Commercial Photography, click here.