In 2016, Heritage Museums & Gardens received Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence.
Heritage Museums & Gardens Points of Distinction
• The largest public garden in southern New England
• Ranked #7 on the list of “Most Enchanting Sites in Massachusetts”
• Ranked #5 on U.S.News & World Report’s “Best Things to Do in Cape Cod”
• Recipient of Cape Cod Life “Reader’s Choice Awards” (2016):
o GOLD: Family Activity
o GOLD: Museum
o SILVER: Park or Nature
• Named by Yankee magazine as “Best All-Family Attraction,” “Best Gardens in New England,” “A Recommended Drive: Massachusetts,” and “Best Family Adventure.”
• Ranked #5 by USA Today (2016) among 10 noteworthy national public gardens.
• Annually, attracts more than 130,000 visitors from across the United States and around the world.
Heritage’s Automobile Collection
• Life magazine (1983) featured nine cars in the Heritage collection for its article on the 10 best American cars ever.
• 1909 White Steamer—among the first automobiles ordered for The White House by President William Howard Taft—was named the ninth historic vehicle in the U.S. by the Historic Vehicle Association.
• 1910 Peerless awards include:
o Senior Winner, Antique Automobile Club of America (1963)
o National First Prize, Antique Automobile Club of America (1963)
o Best of Show Early Models, Bay State Antique Auto Club Car Show (2013)
o Newport Motor Car Festival Show/Class Runner Up (2013)
• 1912 Packard received The Boston Cup.
• 1915 Stutz won the Chairman’s Trophy at the Misslewood Concours d’Elegance (2015).
• 1927 LaSalle—one of 10 Dual Cowl Sport Phaetons built on the LaSalle chassis—is the only known survivor and has received several awards:
o 1st Primary, CCCA Grand Classic (1967)
o 1st place, Newport Concours d’Elegance Best Pre-War Open Car (2011)
o Senior First-1st Senior, Classic Car Club of America/New England Region/Massachusetts Grand Classic (Rockport) (2012)
o 1st in class, Misselwood Concours d’Elegance (2013)
• 1931 Duesenberg was owned by actor Gary Cooper.
• 1932 Packard awards:
o Bay State Antique Auto Club Show/Best of Show Early Models (2104)
o Primary 3rd, Classic Car Club of America Show (2004)
• Heritage automobile collection catalogue received Publications Award from the American Association of Museums.
The Hundred Acre School
• Heritage’s The Hundred Acre School, an innovative STEM preschool program, is one of the first of its kind in the nation.
• For two consecutive years, students at the School scored higher than the average of a national sample in all six learning domains: math, social-emotional, literacy, language, cognitive, and physical.
• The Hundred Acre School received a major grant from The W.K. Kellogg foundation to pilot its curriculum at two national sites (New Orleans, Louisiana, and Brockton, Mass.).
• The School was one of five recognized on a list of examples of U.S. museum schools, in Young Children, the magazine of The National Association for the Education of Young Children.
• The Museum is committed to be a part of, and not apart from its community, and does so by providing special outreach through community programs to more than 7,000 children annually.