67 Grove St
Sandwich, MA 02563
Gardens Aglow, a treasured holiday family tradition, transforms the grounds with more than twelve miles of holiday lights. Enjoy marshmallow-roasting, a reindeer scavenger hunt, visit with Santa Claus in the Model T, take carousel rides, holiday treats at Magnolia Café, and more.
Members and those with pre-purchased tickets will have easier entry to the event through dedicated admissions lines. Save time and buy online! Tickets purchased online are valid for a one-time use on any Garden’s Aglow evening.
Due to the popularity of Gardens Aglow, parking availability is limited. On Fridays and Saturdays, Heritage is offering free parking and free trolley service from the Wing School at 33 Water Street, Sandwich, to Heritage’s front gate from 4:15-8:30. Visitors can use the ample parking at the Wing School and take a free shuttle ride to enjoy Gardens Aglow. Signs on Rt. 130 will direct you to the parking area. The trolley will be running in a continuous loop all evening, picking up at each end.
Among the features of this season’s Gardens Aglow:
- 12 miles of festive light displays
- A Reindeer Scavenger Hunt
- Santa Claus will meet families for pictures in Heritage’s vintage Model T
- Holiday-themed music and dance performances at 6:30pm nightly
- Marshmallow roasting at cozy outdoor fire pits
- Holiday food and drink at The Magnolia Café
- On Dec 1-3 and Dec 29-30 cuddly baby goats, micropigs, silkie chickens and chicks, bunnies, and more will be on hand for close-up encounters
- The Special Exhibit Gallery is transformed into the North Pole with Mrs. Claus, a giant gingerbread house and Currier and Ives winter scenes
- The “Heritage Holiday Express” model trains on two levels with replicas of The George Washington Bridge and the Cape Cod Railroad Bridge
- Families can contribute to a community mural on a giant LiteBrite
- Chip Koser of South Cape Ice Sculptures demonstrates ice carving on Saturdays
- The antique carousel will be decked with festive trimming
- The Hundred Acre School is open for visits- come see their famous Book Tree
Want more information? Click here for Gardens Aglow Frequently Asked Questions.
Tickets are also available for purchase at the ticket window on the day of the event. Walk-up ticket sales will end at 7:30pm each Gardens Aglow evening. Important: If you purchase an online ticket, please print it out, bring it with you and skip the lines!
Gardens Aglow is made possible by:
With In Kind Support From: