Founded in 1969 by J.K. Lilly, Heritage Museums & Gardens celebrates American culture and inspires people of all ages to explore, discover and learn together. We do this through excellence in horticulture, garden design, outdoor discovery and the exhibition of great collections. Heritage Museums & Gardens is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
Located on 100 acres of gardens and nature trails, Heritage holds a significant collection of specialty gardens, water features, and sculpture. Hidden Hollow, an interactive family-friendly area, allows for exploration of the natural world and learning about the environment. Heritage Museums & Gardens offers visitors the chance to explore American culture and nature with:
- An automobile gallery featuring an impressive collection of classic cars
- More than a thousand varieties of trees, shrubs and flowers, including the world-renowned Dexter rhododendrons
- Hidden Hollow, one of New England’s first certified Nature Explore Classrooms, a place for families to explore and play in the natural world
- A working vintage 1908 Charles Looff carousel
- Several miles of paved paths and walking trails for exploring the grounds
- An American Folk Art Gallery including Cigar store figures, paintings, scrimshaw, Nantucket baskets, weather vanes, shop signs
- A labyrinth, designed by renowned labyrinth designer Marty Cain, the Hart Family Maze Garden, the Old East Mill and the Cape Cod Hydrangea Garden
- New special traveling exhibits featured each season
- Lectures, workshops, classes and activities for both adults and children
Members of the media wishing to interview a Heritage Museums & Gardens staff member should contact Amy Dean at 508.888.3300 x115 or email@example.com.
Discover Hidden Hollow at Heritage Museums & Gardens: