This position is part of the fundraising team, responsible for providing database support to the Development Team. The Development Database Associate will perform gift intake, processing and acknowledgement for the Development Department, with responsibility for ensuring data integrity and accuracy in donor records and communications. The right person will provide support for the development team, assist with fundraising and serve as a liaison with internal and external constituencies
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily input into and maintenance of the Altru database and works closely with users across the museum, all of whom utilize the database, or its data, in various ways.
- Troubleshoots Altru related issues for users
- Responsible for the health and integrity of the database
- Completes and manages requests for queries, imports, exports, reviews lists, mailing lists and reports
- Participates as a key member of the Development team, providing data support and on site staffing for various events throughout the year
- Interfaces frequently with members and donors
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of fundraising software or other database experience; knowledge of Altru is desirable.
- Excellent computer, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work using solid judgement and problem solving skills and to perform work requiring consistent exercise of discretion, confidentiality, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and on the phone
This position will include occasional evening and weekend assignments.
To apply for the position of Development Database Associate, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Heritage Museums & Gardens, a leading cultural organization on Cape Cod seeks a Director of Finance and Administration who will be a strategic thought-partner with and report to the President & CEO. The successful candidate will be a hands-on manager who will lead and develop a team to support: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and IT.
The Director of Finance and Administration will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as Heritage Museums & Gardens continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and admin leader to maximize and strengthen internal capacity at a well-respected, high-impact organization.
We seek min. Bachelor’s Degree, 10 years of experience in a similar capacity, not-for-profit experience preferred, demonstrable knowledge of accounting software, HR procedures, cash flow management, negotiating with insurance companies and other vendors, business model planning, and design/maintenance of financial controls and systems. Compensation commensurate with experience. Send resume, cover letter and any additional materials that would be helpful in assessing your candidacy to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Works as the assistant to the Capital Campaign effort, working under the supervision of the Campaign Manager and closely with the President & CEO and the board completing a wide range of administrative tasks, and coordinating with the non-campaign development staff. Assists with special projects and events.
- Conducts prospect research and prepares confidential prospect information
- Management of fundraising database, including entry and reporting
- Maintains campaign files
- Maintains lists and database files of donors and prospects
- Conducts grant research, submits and manages grant proposals
- Coordinates and executes campaign events
- Coordinates, prepares and distributes meeting agendas, information packets, and handles logistics for committee meetings
- Takes meeting notes and distributes
- Maintains committee meeting schedule; notifies participants of upcoming meetings
- Orders and maintains supplies
- Handles confidential information with discretion
- Coordinates campaign calendar
- Develops forms and spreadsheets as needed
- Writes and distributes Campaign Newsletters
- Prepares and drafts correspondence
- Works with Executive Assistant on President & CEO’s campaign work
- Design and edit campaign related materials
- Other related duties as assigned
Requirements: 1-3 years professional experience in fundraising; experience with fundraising database and wealth screening software; excellent people skills; ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality; excellent computer skills, especially the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, and relational databases. Experience with Blackbaud databases (specifically Altru) helpful.
Knowledge of office procedures and meetings, excellent organization skills, competency with the fundraising process, and experience in similar capacity.
To apply for the position of Capital Campaign Assistant, please send a resume and detailed cover letter to: