Celebrate American culture and help Heritage Museums & Gardens grow by taking root in your community and becoming involved. Share your time and knowledge to inspire people of all ages while exploring, discovering and learning together!
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer at Heritage, please contact Shirley Davies at email@example.com.
There are many opportunities to get involved, so find the one that’s right for you:
Visitor Engagement Volunteer: Work with the public and our front line staff to provide a memorable, meaningful experience for our visitors! Visitor Engagement Volunteers help with:
- Daily operations, such as greeting visitors as they arrive, helping with wayfinding, and recommending things to see and do around the gardens and galleries
- Event assistance, helping with ticket-taking, helping with craft and program activities, and assisting with crowd control
Interpretive Volunteers: Help interpret our collections both inside the galleries and outside in the gardens for school groups and visitors. Interpretive Volunteers help with:
- Engaging students grades K-8 grade through hands-on interactive workshops that connect Museum collections and STEM learning in fun and exciting ways
- Interpreting Heritage’s collections to community and groups by teaching with objects, giving informal talks, and leading interactive tours through our galleries and gardens
- Assisting with greeting and welcoming adult and student group tour customers upon arrival
Horticulture Department: This opportunity will allow you to work in the gardens doing various duties, including weeding, mulching, fertilizing, pruning, propagation, and plant documentation. As a Horticulture Volunteer you will help Heritage maintain our beautiful public gardens enjoyed by all who visit.