Tuition Policy from the 2020-2021 Parent Handbook
Electronically billed on approximately March 1 and due by May 1 of your upcoming school year or your application will be cancelled. This is the final step in securing your enrollment for the school year. Non-payment of the tuition deposit indicates that you terminate your application with us. This tuition deposit will be applied to the first tuition payment of the school year.
Tuition is due regardless of your child’s attendance.
- We do not give credits for holidays, vacations, or other non-attendance reasons
- We do not give credits for school closure due to weather, power outages or other natural disasters.
- Please see the tuition policy related to a health crisis in section
- Bills are sent via Brightwheel account and expected to be paid on time. Tuition is due by on Sundays. There is a 7 day grace period for tuition payments then a $25 late fee is accessed after 7 and 14 days. If tuition two weeks past due, enrollment will be suspended until tuition and late fee is paid in full. If your tuition is not paid for more than 1 month, your enrollment will be terminated.
Tuition can be paid:
- Check payable to Heritage Museums & Gardens
- Credit Card via online link in your
If a School Closure is required by Town or State due to a Health Crisis
- If the school is required to close for less than 1 week, $20/day will be credited to your account.
- If the school is required to close for more than 1 week, a virtual option will be provided to all students for a flat rate of $125/week. Continuing in a virtual manner will ensure that your spot at the school is held.
- If you choose to not participate in the virtual option and/or hold your spot at the school, you can request to terminate your enrollment from the school. Please note that we will not guarantee the same number of classrooms, your child’s teacher, or your child’s schedule will be available if you choose to re-enroll at a later date or when the school reopens for in-person sessions.
Withdraw a Child While School is Still Open
If you choose to withdraw your child due to a public health crisis while The Hundred Acre School is still open, you must notify the School Director via email, specifying your child’s last date of attendance. You will be responsible for one week of tuition beyond that date. You will receive a credit to your account for any advance tuition previously paid beyond one week. A credit will appear on your invoice and will be applied to future tuition when billing is reactivated. Please note: If there is currently a waitlist, you will be forfeiting your spot, placed on the waitlist and refunded any credits due.
Parent Request Enrollment Termination
If you choose to terminate your child’s enrollment for any reason, you must notify the School Director via email, specifying your child’s last date of attendance. You will be responsible for two weeks of tuition beyond that date. If applicable, you will receive a refund to your original payment method for any credits due.