Tuition Policy from the 2022-2023 Parent Handbook
A tuition deposit (non-refundable) is due on May 1 if your application has been received prior to that date. If the application is received after May 1, it is due within 7 days of the acceptance. This is the final step in securing your enrollment for the school year. Non-payment of the tuition deposit indicates that you terminate your application with us. If your payment is not received by the due date on the invoice in Brightwheel, you will be removed from our accepted enrollment list and placed on the pending/inactive list. The 2022-2023 tuition deposit is your tuition payment for August 29-September 9.
Tuition is due regardless of your child’s attendance
- Tuition is due regardless of your child’s attendance.
- We do not give credits for illness (including COVID-19), holidays, vacations, or other non-attendance reasons
- We do not give credits for school closure due to weather, power outages, or other natural disasters.
- Bills are sent in Brightwheel in a timely manner and expected to be paid on time. Tuition is due every other week on Sundays. There is a 7 day grace period for tuition payments then a $25 late fee is accessed. If tuition is not received by the 14th day, enrollment will be suspended until tuition and late fee is paid in full. If your tuition is not paid for more than 1 month, your enrollment will be terminated.
Tuition can be paid:
- Check payable to Heritage Museums & Gardens
- Credit Card via your Brightwheel account
If a School Closure is required by Town or State due to a Health Crisis
If the school is required to close for less than 1 week, tuition will be reduced by $25 each day closed. Similar to snow days, we will not provide homework or instruction during this brief closure.
If the school is required to close for more than 1 week, a virtual option will be provided to all students for a flat rate of $125/week. The virtual option will not be 9am-3pm but it will be an appropriate duration of live instruction for the age of your child and independent assignments to complete offline. Continuing virtually is your choice but will ensure that your spot at the school is secure.
If you choose not to participate in the virtual option and/or hold your spot at the school, you can request to terminate your enrollment from the school. Please note that we will not guarantee the same number of classrooms, your child’s teacher, or your child’s schedule will be available if you choose to re-enroll at a later date or when the school reopens for in-person sessions.
Parent Request Enrollment Termination
If you choose to terminate your child’s enrollment for any reason, you must notify the School Director via email, specifying your child’s last date of attendance. You will be responsible for two weeks of tuition beyond that date. If applicable, you will receive a refund to your original payment method for any credits due.